Tuesday, December 9, 2008

PJ Lynch in conversation with Dr Pat Donlon, NLI


It has been a hectic few weeks.
Last night I had the pleasure of being interviewed by my dear friend, Pat Donlon, at the National Library of Ireland.
Here's a shot of me signing books at the event.
It was a really lovely occasion, beautifully managed by the staff of the National Library, and also by the folks from Children's Books Ireland who co-hosted the event.
And I mustn't forget Conor Hacket, who was a great help as usual, and Valentina and Marta from Hughes and Hughes who were selling books on the night.
Pat was on really good form. She is such a lovely person, but she is also the consumate professional, and a true authority on the history of Irish Children's books.
I first met Pat when she was the Director of the National Library, and she and Collette O Daly purchased a large number of my pictures to initiate the PJ Lynch collection in the Library's archive.
I am delighted that Collette's successors in Prints and Drawings, Joanna Finnegan and Honora Faul, have continued to add pieces of mine to the collection over the years since then.

Pat Donlon and her husband Phelim, are now custodians of The Tyrone Guthrie Centre at Annaghmakerrig. It's a wonderful old house in the country where artists and writers can go for a period of intense creativity in the most conducive of surroundings. I can't wait to go.

I would hope to get the video or a podcast from the interview up here at some point.

No comments: