Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Chronicles of Prydain


While I'm sharing a few illustrations from my early days as an illustrator I thought I would show these covers I did for a set called the Chronicles of Prydain  by Lloyd Alexander.
They are a very enjoyable series of books written about fifty years ago in a fairly Tolkienesque style.
There were five in all and I also designed a box for the set. I'll see if I can find some more of those images next time I am down in the vaults.
I don't have all the titles to hand, but the first of these is The Black Cauldron which was turned into a movie by Disney.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read these all of these books at least 7 times. I had no idea you illustrated them for a box set! ... I must now obtain copies!

Sue said...

These were my favourite books as a child and I absolutely loved the covers! I would spend ages looking at the details in the borders as well as the pictures so thank you; what you did was, and still is, massively appreciated!