Thursday, December 10, 2015

"The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey" Twentieth Anniversary Edition

It's hard to believe that The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey, written by  Susan Wojciechowski, and illustrated by me, is twenty years old.
It has been hugely successful selling more than a million copies in the US alone and has been translated into many different languages. 
The audiobook read by James Earl Jones was nominated for a grammy and there were stage versions and musicals were also created.
In 2007 a movie version was made starring Tom Berenger, Joely Richardson and n one of her earliest roles, .
The book won numerous awards for Susan and for me, including the Kate Greenaway Medal, the Christopher Award and the Bisto Irish Book of the Year Award.
Below you can see some of the different incarnations of The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey.

 
And here is the latest!
I'm really delighted with the new large format edition which celebrates our twentieth anniversary.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I was looking at the new edition of this book in the book shop yesterday and the name of the illustrator seemed familiar and then I realized it was you whose blog I follow.

Years ago my Mum bought this book for my brother and we loved it so much. It inspired my brother to do wood carving and I remember staring and staring at the illustrations. I loved them so much because they were real pictures and not the usual cartoony stuff given to children. It was something that inspired me to love real art and become an artist myself. So thank you, the book is a real classic!

PJ said...

Many thanks for that lovely comment Felicity. I am delighyed that the book meant something to your family and that you and your brother found it inspiring. I saw some of your work online...it's really lovely. Keep it up!
Best regards PJ

AGRIOLOULOUDO said...

Greetings from Romania! I just brought this superb edition illustrated by you from a book fair in Bucuresti. It melted my heart. Congratulations!

HannaBaker9913 said...

You Want More Information ? Visit My Site :D
Situs Poker Online Indonesia
Idn Poker Terpercaya
Judi bola deposit Pulsa
Indo Slot

du hoc canada vnsava.com said...

Class

College

Education

training

Beauty

teaching

university

academy

lesson

. said...

Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.
https://infoolahraga.vip/
https://portalolahraga.com/
https://duniasport.org/
https://beritatrending.net/
https://trensberita.com/